Tuesday 24 May 2011

Russell Brand deported from Japan

Russell Brand had to say 'sayonara' to Japan, after he was booted out of the country.
The British funnyman had been planning to join wife Katy Perry on her tour, but immigration officials had other plans.
"So my husband just got deported from Japan. I am so sad. I brought him all this way to show him my favourite place #tokyodreamscrushed," she tweeted.
The 26-year-old singer added: "It was for priors from over 10 years ago."
Russell tried to play down his ordeal, posting a picture of himself accompanied by a quip: "Planning escape from Japanese custody. It's b****y hard to dig a tunnel with a chopstick."
The comedian later joked: "Stockholm syndrome kicking in. Just asked my guard out for (vegetarian) sushi. He giggled."
Katy, who is on her California Dreams tour, vowed to continue her Japanese shows despite the threat of "daily aftershocks or husband kidnappings!".
"I love my Japanese fans and the show must go on. It's not right but it's okay," she tweeted.

No comments:

Post a Comment